Information for Applicants holding a Bachelor's Degree
Every fellowship holder will be assigned a mentor from the list of Principal Investigators of the IMPRS. Beside the official coursework, the fellowship holders can be involved on a voluntary basis in the ongoing research activities of the mentor's group.
The stipend is about 800 € per month for 1.5 years. We also welcome applications from currently enrolled students with excellent academic achievements. The acceptance by the University of Stuttgart in one of the participating Master programs is mandatory for the receipt of the stipend.
For information about the mode of application and deadlines at the University of Stuttgart, please check the course pages of the Master Programs (see box on the right of this page).
The first step of the application process is the online registration. You will be asked to enter your personal data and information regarding your previous academic studies. The system will also ask you for the names of two academic teachers or supervisors who are able and willing to evaluate your personality, experience, and intellectual merit. At the end of the online registration you must upload your certificates and other supporting documents as a single PDF-file.
To avoid confusion we ask you to prepare the file in the following order:
• curriculum vitae in short form
• transcripts / record of study / diplomas, e.g. Bachelor's or Master's degree
• TOEFL /IELTS, GRE, honors and awards (if available)
• Publications (only first page)
Note: Upload only in PDF-FORMAT!!! ZIP-files will be deleted!!! Only complete applications will be considered.
The selection procedure:
- pre-selection of candidates on the basis of the submitted documents
- shortlisted candidates living close by will be invited to Stuttgart for a personal interview (travel expenses will be reimbursed by the IMPRS)
- candidates living far away will be interviewed via Skype
Applications for a "Bachelor stipend" will be consider at any time
=> there is no deadline.
To apply for a Bachelor stipend of the
IMPRS for Condensed Matter Science,
Please Note: Your personal data will be stored only for application purposes. According to the German privacy law all data of unsuccessful applicants will be deleted after completion of the selection procedure.