Application for PhD study
We do not accept any applications by mail or fax. Only complete applications via online registration are considered.
1. Online registration:
The first step of the application process is the online registration. You will have to provide the following data:
- Personal data: You will be asked to enter your personal data and information regarding your previous academic studies.
- Referees: The application program will ask you for name and e-mail address of two academic teachers or supervisors who are able and willing to evaluate your personality, experience, and intellectual merit.
- Research interests: Please select up to five potential thesis supervisors from the list of research group leaders.
- Motivation Statement: Please give a short(!) statement of max. 1000 characters why you apply for IMPRS-CMS and give reasons for your choice of potential supervisors
- Supporting documents: You have to upload your certificates, transcripts and other supporting documents as PDF-files.
Successful online registration is confirmed directly on your screen and within 30 min by e-mail.
2. Supporting documents:
You will have to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- curriculum vitae in short form (mandatory)
- transcripts / record of study / certificates, e.g. Bachelor's or Master's degree (mandatory)
- TOEFL/IELTS, GRE, honors and awards (if available, not mandatory)
- Publications (only first page)
Note: Upload only in PDF-format!
All submitted documents have to be in English or in German!
3. Reference letters:
Email requests will be automatically send to your referees by the database system. Your referees will be asked to upload their recommendation letters onto our server and to answer a short form. After submitting the referee reports your referees and you will get confirmations by e-mail. If it is necessary to change a referee during the application process or if there are any other problems please contact the coordination office.
4. Application link:
Application for Autumn 2023 will be opened in January 2023.